Pilates & Yoga
Strengthening your mind and body
YMCA Yoga and Pilates classes will help you develop flexibility, strength and balance. By emphasizing symmetry of body and mind, classes will improve your body awareness, helping you live more comfortably.
The ancient art of yoga is known to increase flexibility, improve endurance and reduce stress. Guided poses and a focus on controlled, mindful breathing will help people of all exercise levels find balance, increased energy levels, lower blood pressure and improved memory. Classes vary by location and are FREE for members.
Beginner and intermediate yoga
Chair yoga for older adults
Pilates is a mind-body exercise that builds on the essence and principles of the work of the late Joseph H. Pilates, by incorporating modern knowledge of the body. With a focus on core stability, it also helps to restore the natural curves of the spine, relieve tension, and enhance self-confidence. The result: a balanced and aligned body that looks fit, feels revitalized and moves with ease. Classes vary by location and are FREE for members.
PILATES REFORMER STUDIO MEMBERSHIP
The main focus of Pilates is the core postural muscles, the center of the body referred to as the “Powerhouse”. Pilates Reformer classes consist of a small group, personalized instruction, and use springs, straps, and a moving carriage to provide a variety of exercises.
Pilates Reformer is a fee-based class
Currently offered at the following locations:
Boerne Family YMCA Please register at the Welcome Center
Mays Family YMCA at Stone Oak Register online
D.R. Semmes Family YMCA Please register at the Welcome Center
New Braunfels Family YMCA Please register at the Welcome Center
Why should I take Pilates Reformer?
Improves overall muscle strength, flexibility, stability, balance, and coordination
Increases internal/core, abdominal, and back strength
Improves joint mobility; helps with aches and pains
Improves posture and alignment
Increases body awareness; movements become controlled and responsive
Lengthens bulky muscles
Our Pilates Reformer program is intended to help you build a stronger core, improve flexibility, posture, and muscle tone while releasing stress, and boosting concentration.
Month to month membership
Monthly automatic draft
Participants must commit to a weekly class
Unused sessions do not roll over to the next month
30-day cancellation notice
PILATES REFORMER- LEVELS
Intro/Assessment Class: This class is a prerequisite in order to register for any Level Classes. Ideal for first time participants that would like to experience the benefits from our pilates reformer practice prior to registering in the program. The instructor will walk you through fundamental movements and will recommend the appropriate starting level for you.
Level 1- Ideal for beginners who are looking to build a solid Pilates foundation. Focusing on form and alignment in a safe yet effective environment to master your Pilates fundamentals. This class is ideal for individuals of all fitness levels and is easily modified for those with physical limitations.
Level 1|2 - A progression from the beginner to intermediate level. This class is designed for those who are looking to build their practice and start exploring more dynamic and precise exercises. Moving at a moderate pace this class can be modified as needed.
Level 2|3 - Focusing on strength, flexibility, and stability this class will take your Pilates practice to the next level. Challenging both your mind and body with a moderate to fast-paced dynamic workout. Participants should be prepared for quick transitions and intermediate to advanced level Pilates exercises.
ForeverWell Reformer - This class is ideal for people with OA or Scoliosis and/or 60 years plus. This fee-based class is designed for participants who wish to focus on postural alignment, core stability, muscular strength, and balance control. Participants will be taken through a variety of exercises using the reformer and mat. Please bring your own mat.
Jump Board - This fee-based unique cardio and strength interval workout uses innovative and simple jumping movements performed on a solid accessory board or resilient vertical trampoline.
- Pilates Reformer memberships MUST be set in a monthly automated draft (1st of the month).
- Participants must commit to specific class day(s) and time slot(s).
- Reschedule/Make-up Class Policy: Participants are allowed to make-up sessions if space available and within the following restrictions:
- Notice of missed class must be communicated to the Program Director within 7 days of the missed session(s) date.
- If participants have an active “1 x per week membership”, they can reschedule/make-up 1 session per month.
- If participants have an active “2 x per week membership”, they can reschedule/make-up 2 sessions per month.
- If participants have an active “3 x per week membership”, they can reschedule/make-up 3 sessions per month.
- All make-up sessions must be completed within the following 14 days of the missed session(s) date.
- Unused sessions (after make-up policy has been applied) will not roll over to the following month nor will be refunded.
- No refunds will be made unless the member becomes disabled and unable to participate in sessions for 30 consecutive days or more. Participants' inability to continue MUST be documented by a physician. Refunds must be approved by the Health and Wellness Director. There is a $25 processing fee on approved refunds.
- Late Policy: scheduled sessions must be redeemed within the scheduled time of training. For instance, if a 60 min session is scheduled from 4:00pm to 5:00pm and the member arrives 15 minutes late to the session, the session will still have to end at 5:00pm. This policy serves as courtesy to respect other members with scheduled training sessions.
- If a participant wishes to cancel, they must submit a written notice 30 days prior to the draft date. Cancellation requests must be sent to the Health and Wellness Director. Due to limited space, we cannot offer holds.