There are no contracts at the YMCA! For your convenience, the YMCA offers an automatic monthly bank draft or credit card payment option. Stop by the member service desk to get started!
100% Money-Back Guarantee
Within the first 30 days, we will gladly refund 100% of all money paid if you are not satisfied with your YMCA membership.
Memberships can be placed on hold up to three months annually for a small monthly fee. To place your membership on hold you must notify our Member Service Staff, in writing, 14 days prior to your regular membership draft date. Hold fees are non-refundable and due in advance.
In the event, it becomes necessary for you to cancel your membership, stop by the member service desk and fill out a cancellation form. We need 30 days notice in advance of your regular draft date to cancel your membership. Any draft payments already scheduled within the 30 day period will be drafted.
Conditions of Membership
The YMCA of Greater San Antonio will suspend or cancel a membership when behavior conflicts with the welfare of other members or staff, or conflicts with the Mission of the YMCA.
YOUTH AND FAMILY PARENT HANDBOOK
Click HERE for pdf of handbook.
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States through membership at your home YMCA. We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our mission to strengthen communities. Learn more...
Visiting with a Member
- Members may bring two guests who live in the San Antonio area per visit with no charge; additional guests (either a family or individual) will be charged $20 for a day pass [$10 for guests under 18 years of age].
- Guests 15 and younger must have an adult member OR parent with a photo ID sign them in at the member service desk, and must remain on site during visit.
- All guests ages 16 and older may visit the facility without an adult member/parent, but must provide the member service desk with a valid photo ID, waiver and emergency contact information.
- If an adult member/parent is not present, then guests under the age of 18 must have a guest registration form and liability waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian upon arrival. Forms available at Welcome Center.
- The same guest can only use the facility free of charge once per the calendar year. For the second and third visit, the guest fee applies. When the guest visits a fourth time, a membership must be purchased to stay.
- Guests who live outside the Greater San Antonio area may visit the YMCA with a member two weeks per calendar year at no additional fee.
- Visiting guests (either a family or an individual) who are not with a member may pay a day pass fee $20 dollars [$10 for guests under 18 years of age].
- Guests 15 and younger must have a parent/guardian with a photo ID sign them in at the member service desk, and must remain on site during visit.
- All guests ages 16 and older may visit the facility without a parent/guardian, but must provide the member service desk with a valid photo ID, waiver and emergency contact information.
- If an adult parent/guardian is not present, then guests under the age of 18 must have a guest registration form and liability waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian upon arrival. Forms available at Welcome Center.
- The same guest can only purchase a day pass 3 times per calendar year. When the guest visits a fourth time, a membership must be purchased to stay.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The YMCA of Greater San Antonio is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all when in our facility, participating in our programs or on our grounds, we ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds our guiding principles of Honesty, Responsibility, Caring and Respect at all times.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, they should report the behavior to a staff person or the building supervisor on duty.
Y staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
1. Prohibited actions specifically include:
- Inappropriate attire. Attire must be appropriate, including swimsuits only in the pool area, and shoes, shorts and shirts in other areas of the facility. Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or language is not allowed.
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on Y property, in Y vehicles, or at Y sponsored programs.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
- Loitering is not permitted in or outside of the Y.
- Smoking is not permitted in or outside the Y. The Y and its property are smoke-free environments.
- Cell phone use is not allowed in the locker rooms; please be courteous and refrain from talking on your cell phone while using the wellness floor.
2. In order to carry out these membership policies, the Y asks that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
3. All guests must be checked in; members are responsible for their guest and will be held accountable for their actions.
The Branch Executive Director will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of membership privileges may result from a determination by the Branch Executive Director if, in their discretion, a violation of the Y’s Member Code of Conduct has occurred. In the event of a member termination/suspension, the Executive Director will conduct a meeting or send a certified letter to member letting them know of their membership status. No refunds will be offered, including joining fees. If membership payment is bank draft option, the membership will be stopped immediately and if payment by invoice, the Y will offer check in the amount of remaining invoice.